Have you ever wondered what the best paint colors for the different parts of your home are? If you are looking for the right color for your kitchen, then you came to the right place.
First stop, let’s answer the most important question: Why are paint colors essential? Here are some of the answers:
- Choosing the right color means you get to save more time and money because you don’t have to repaint every wall or every section of your home if you do it right the first time.
- Your walls and its colors are the first things that catch the attention of your visitor or even those living with you in your home. Therefore, choose the right color for every part to make sure that people will feel comfortable in your space. Colors can affect the mood of people so choose wisely.
- Setting the right mood or tone in a room can also be influenced by the colors of your wall. Make sure to choose the right colors and work with the experts to create a cohesive color scheme in your home.
How to Choose Kitchen Paint Color?
Though there are a lot of parts or sections in your home, our focus for today is your kitchen. There are a lot of steps or tips you can follow when choosing the right kitchen paint color for you. However, we’ve come up with the top two tips:
- If your furniture and cabinet already follow a cohesive tone, then follow through with it. If you have chosen the finish for your cabinet, then make sure that colors of your walls, ceiling, and trims compliments these colors.
- Light or the absence of it must also be considered when choosing paint colors. If you have a lot of natural light coming in your space, try going towards darker colors. Add more light in your space by using a pale and smooth wall and ceiling finish.
What are the Best Color Schemes for the Kitchen?
Colors are everywhere. There are literally millions of colors to choose from. To help you narrow down your color hunt, here are some of the kitchen paint color trends you can choose from.
Go with Navy
Add a maritime or beach feel in your kitchen by using white and blue in your walls and even cabinets. To make your kitchen even more coastal, use or add brass hardware to your existing items.
Neutral colors are the safest choice if you’re still uncertain of what color you want in your kitchen. Neutral colors never go wrong. However, it’s often dubbed as the dull hue. But you can add a pop of green, red, or orange around your kitchen to add a little warmth.
If you want to go outside the box, then go for red paint. Make sure to choose the darkest shade available to achieve the spark that you need. Compliment it with black and grey to make sure that your kitchen walls are the focal point in the room.
Neat and Clean
Opting for a white wall is also a great and safe choice. It also helps you focus on the colors you want on your furniture and appliances. It’s safe that you can add a lot of black in your kitchen or, if you’re going to go all out, a white on white kitchen also gives off a modern vibe.
Bring the Outdoors In
As what we’ve said, using light colors can add a lot of light in your room. So, if you have small windows or low ceiling, you can opt to paint your walls light green. Make your forest theme consistent by adding a lot of plants and greens on your plates and furniture.
Have you decided what color to paint your kitchen? Share your thought or even process on how you chose your kitchen paint color now!